- 14 years of government experience in Oakdale
- Over 20 years of community involvement
- Member Oakdale Area Chamber of Commerce
- Member Metro Gold Line Corridor Management Committee
- Past Chair Oakdale Economic Development Commission
- Past Treasurer Castle Elementary School PTO
- Past Co-Chair District 622 Citizens Finance Committee
- Past Member District 622 Levy Renewal Committee
- Past Chair, Oakdale Recreation Blue Ribbon Committee
- Past Election Judge, Precinct 6
- Past Head Election Judge, Precinct 6
- Past Usher & Confirmation Teacher at St. Mark’s Lutheran church
- Past Member Oakdale Economic Development Commission
- Past Member NEST Board
- Past Member Gateway Corridor Commission
- 12 years successful city council experience and two years successful mayoral experience.
- 30 years’ experience successfully leading and managing individuals and teams to achieve established goals
- Demonstrated willingness to learn, challenge assumptions and ask for help when he needs to learn about an issue.
- Paul brings a positive, intelligent and common sense approach to business and city issues or discussions.
- Ability to set goals and clear objectives and then work with people to achieve them.
- In his early years, Paul was fortunate to have a family that taught him the value of hard work, keeping your word, helping our neighbors and honoring God.
- Believing and acting in ways that exhibit the higher value of getting things accomplished vs. seeking personal recognition
CHALLENGES FACING THE CITY
- Enhancing the overall quality of life for Oakdale residents
- Keeping taxes low
- Improving transportation options and improving our existing roadways
- Stressing citizen safety with a focus on crime prevention
- Ensuring new developments and redevelopment projects are completed in a high-quality matter
- As department staff openings occur, ensuring highly-qualified and diverse candidates are engaged and retained